Show Notes Episode 9
Pam Prior, CEO: Can Finance Really Be Fun?
In this episode, Erica Ross-Krieger interviews Pam Prior, CEO of Priorities Group, Inc., and best-selling author of “Your First CFO: The Accounting Cure for Small Business Owners.”
Listen in as Pam shares:
• How to turn entrepreneurial finance and accounting from “nightmare” to “best friend.”
• What she means by “The 67% Entrepreneur and CEO” and what makes the difference between a “hobbyist” and a Business Owner.
• The 4 obstacles that must be overcome to fully step into the role of Business Owner/CEO.
• The two key things you can do right now to make Finance fun in your business.
• Overcoming the 4 “S.O.F.T.” obstacles helps make Finance Fun as well as a “want to do.”
• Using a simple bookkeeping “blueprint” (that you already have access to) takes the overwhelm out of Finances.
• Adopting Pam’s simple way of thinking about: 1) our P&L statement; 2) the Balance sheet; and 3) how we’ve paid for things, tells us critical information about our Cash Flow.
• A simple forecast, using 3 things we already have, helps us eliminate finance fear by stripping away the unknown.
• Forecasts help you prepare for opportunities as well as avoid obstacles
• A simple exercise will absolutely help you find places where you can save money or make more money in your business.
• New entrepreneurs must set up a business checking account.
• Pam’s gift of her Profit Concierge™ Starter Kit contains the exercise, video, and book all mentioned in the episode.
Links mentioned in this episode:
•Profit Concierge™ Starter Kit:
Connect with Pam Prior:
Pam Prior, CEO
Priorities Group, Inc.
The dynamic opposite of every green-eyeshade accountant you’ve ever imagined, Pam is the author of “Your First CFO: The Accounting Cure for Small Business Owners”; a best-seller that makes Finance fun and accessible for entrepreneurs; she is also the entertaining and informative host of the “Cash Flow” Podcast on iTunes; and founder of the novel new Profit Concierge™ experience for entrepreneurs.
As an entrepreneur herself, Pam Prior brings finance to her fellow entrepreneurs in an approachable, joyful, and engaging way; clearing the path for them to achieve sustainable 7 and 8 figure success.
Her magic is removing, once and for all, the frustration, fear, overwhelm, and tired old money stories that handicap so many of us in our businesses, delivering finance a new way; built specifically to serve entrepreneurs, but founded on 30 years of Fortune 50, and Private Equity financial leadership experience.
With Profit Concierge™, Pam weaves together all of the components – bookkeeping, accounting, forecasting, cash flow – into one seamless and totally new Finance Experience for entrepreneurs, clearing away the muck and allowing them to focus on their goals with full peace of mind.
She is committed to transforming entrepreneurial finance and accounting from nightmare to best friend for her clients and audiences of all sizes; and has been described as everything from “CFO Quarterback” to “Financial Fairy Godmother”, to “Friend in the Foxhole”. And she is, indeed, all of those things.